8.15.2009

Just Orange Juice All Day

Friday is gone and it's now past midnight - I just finished my second day of the 2 day Ease-in phase before starting the Lemonade Diet tomorrow (Saturday). I didn't feel at all hungry. Of course, orange juice is sweet and it's what's sustaining me, and it was a pleasure to drink it all day long along with filtered water. We use Britta containers to purify tap water. Overall, I felt pretty good but had a slight headache at the start of the day that lasted until late afternoon. I guess I'm a true coffee and chocolate addict! I do believe I'm purging myself of my daily fixes. The book I ordered from Amazon arrived today - "The Master Cleanse" by Stanley Burroughs. I also found his book in PDF format online - here's the link you can paste into your web brower if you're interested:

http://healthandlight.com/TheMasterCleanse.pdf

FYI - it's not totally the complete book. He goes into other remedies towards the end of the book, but all the important parts about the Master Cleanse is there.

There are quite a few websites that offer their take on how to do the Master Cleanse and I'll tell you honestly, I'm glad to be following Stanley's original procedure. Some of the websites are really strict about doing this and measuring that, and also sell products for the cleanse - which is perfectly fine, it's a choice. What I like about Stanley is that he has a comfortable approach to sticking to the "rules." He stresses a lot of importance on freshness for lemons (and limes) and also discusses how maple syrup is harvested from the maple tree. It was interesting to learn about the various grades syrup is given. The syrup the trees give is different in quality and taste throughout the year that they're tapped. And as far as the cayenne powder and sea salt goes, he recommends buying them from any store that carries health food.

Stanley gives the ingredients on what goes into the lemonade and advises how stick to the lemonade to get the most out of the Master Cleanse. But, he also gives advice on what to do when it gets difficult - and he says it definitely will get difficult in the beginning - but his advice is great. His approach is relaxed and hassle-free. I don't feel a bit concerned if I should feel hungry, weak or tired. Stanley has covered all the bases on what to do!

Here's Stanley Burroughs's exact recipe for making the lemonade:

Makes 1 Serving:

2 Tbsp lemon or lime juice (approx. 1/2 lemon)
2 Tbsp genuine maple syrup (not maple flavored sugar syrup)
1/10 Tsp cayenne pepper (red pepper) or to taste

- Combine the juice, maple syrup, and cayenne paper in a 10 oz. glass and fill with medium hot water. (Cold water may be used if preferred.)
- Use fresh lemons or limes only, never canned lemon or lime juice nor frozen lemonade or frozen juice. Use organic lemons when possible.

I'm excited and looking forward to starting the Master Cleanse Lemonade Diet tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment